We don't make sandwiches in a factory, so you won't find sell by dates on them. Every Waterfields shop has its own kitchen where we make all our sandwiches one by one, right there, throughout the day.
Sandwiches are about bread and as bread makes up about 30% of the sandwich, this is the starting point. Good bread with a firm texture is essential, we use our own freshly baked bread, specially made daily for each sandwich.
• extremely fresh ingredients sourced when possible from good local suppliers.
• the right balance of energy foods
• the skill of creating fillings to complement our own recipe speciality breads and rolls
• selecting the perfect salads and vegetables to accompany the filling
• looking closely at every aspect of the sandwich, something as simple as the wrong salad leaf can affect the flavour we are trying to achieve.
With our expertise in producing quality specialty breads, we look forward to creating even more irresistible additions to our sandwich selection.